Tuesday, June 01, 2010

Wordful Wednesday with my Luv Bug





I heart this little girl. She makes my heart swell with pride. Jordan loves big, she loves with her whole heart and I am thankful. She makes my whole world a better place to be. When my glass is half empty...she fills it back up. When I need a hug, she's the first one their to offer it up. Over the last several months when things have been tough, I have found a child who is unselfish, resilient and loves unconditionally.

Jordan amazes me on a regular basis. She has been the strongest and most loving big sister. This is all in spite of the attention that has been taken from her. She went from being the only child for four years, to one who's mother was taken from her for five weeks (see inpatient hospital stay posts), MIA for eleven weeks (see NICU journey with the twins) and yet she still holds onto her optimism and her love of life and family. She loves her sisters fiercely, and without question.




I could not be more proud of my oldest child. I've written on this topic before (See "Luv Bug a.k.a Big Sister post) and I continue to be more amazed everyday with her unending grace, maturity and love for all of us.

Jordan will be five next month and I can hardly believe it. She recently finished her Pre-K year. Her graduation from preschool came complete with a beautiful song, "The World is a Rainbow" which she had the best time singing to everyone in attendance.She got to wear a graduation cap, and she received a diploma.She is officially on her way to Kindergarten and we are so proud of her.


Jordan loves to dance. She's got more rhythm than her Dad and I put together. I often find her banging on our Wii Rock Band drums to the beat of whatever song is playing on one of her kid TV shows. Recently, she was in her end of year dance recital and she did wonderfully. She shaked her tush with the rest of them like a champ. And we were so tickled to watch her have fun and enjoy music.



Jordan is a creative soul. She loves to draw and color. She loves to make creations out of random things like tissue paper and cardboard boxes. I love this about her. We can't throw anything out in the house because she wants to use it to create something.


The tissue paper skirt she created......



One of her usual spots...out in her lanai playroom drawing and coloring.....


Jordan is silly, sassy and oh SO sweet...I am eternally grateful to have her as my daughter....

Toes are tasty?!?


My heart is overflowing......







11 comments:

Unknown said...

Aw, Nicole! She is just an absolute delight! I can only hope my babies have a fraction of the grace and spunk she does as they grow older... she's so lovely and I wish we were closer - she makes me smile. You're a lucky Mamma (but then again, your girls are lucky kiddos)!

Night Owl Mama said...

awww so sweet. SHe is amazing isn't she. and so beautiful too

Jen E said...

She's a great friend to Sophie. Sophie is so lucky to have her as a role model!

Stacy Uncorked said...

Awwwww! She is ADORABLE! What beautiful words you have written for a beautiful daughter!

WW: The Pond, One Year Later

Brenda said...

What a blessing to have such a wonderful child. The two of you look happy together.

Erin said...

She is just adorable!! And how sweet! You posted a beautiful tribute to her, she is lucky to have you as a mommy!

Laura said...

She is so adorable! Being the big sister of twin's is pretty tough sometimes... she is handling it great. My second child (closest in age to the twins) was the perfect personality to be born close to the twins. He wasn't jealous but excited about watching them grow up! Looks like you got the same thing. It's a great formula.

Casey's trio said...

What a SWEET post! I love all of your descriptions about Jordan's personality and things she likes to do. We will be embarking on the kindergarten journey together soon! My girls have their pre-k graduation next Friday. Crazy how fast time flies isn't it?

Claremont First Ward said...

What a blessing to have such a beatiful and sweet daughter. I love that first picture where you can see both of your eyes so clearly.

Unknown said...

Your thoughts are so sweet and Jordan is such a delight. What a wonderful daughter and big sister. You're truly blessed.

Sonora said...

Isn't it amazing how resilient and brave children can be? I am constantly amazed at my two year old who lost her youngest child title at 15 months.
It is so sweet how she took to her sisters. They are just beautiful kids. These are great pictures!